Once upon a time I made a grey Booga Bag. I actually carried it around, even though I tend to prefer bags that are messenger-bag-like; currently I carry a medium-sized messenger bag in brown canvas by L.L. Bean.
Well, one day I left it at Qdoba. We called to make sure they'd picked it up, and they had, but when we went to get it the next day, it had disappeared. Oh, well. I lost a half-knit pair of socks, a grey bag, and a tape measure. Luckily, I carry my wallet in my jeans.
Once upon a time, I made a Jayne Hat. I had a lot of leftovers, since I'd used Cascade 220, and a hat doesn't take nearly 660 yards of yarn.
So, since the Booga Bag had been so fun, and I had the colors left over…
Yarn used: Yellow, orange, and red Cascade 220, felted once. Needles used: 6.5mm.
Lily says hello and remarks that the Jayne Hat Booga Bag is not a terribly comfortable sleeping bag. It's just not sheep-shaped.
This project has been lying around for nearly two and a half years. It was finished, all the parts were felted, I just hadn't assembled it. Today, realizing that I'd done next to nothing on the Bog Jacket, I decided to go ahead and finish this up for the blog post. Hey, a Tuesday/Thursday schedule is turning out to be pretty good for me. ^_^
As a bonus, this got me up to a ratio of 12:13 completed-to-cast-on-new projects. That's a 0.9 ratio. Not the 1.5 ratio I'd like to have for the year… but I'm getting there!
On an unrelated note, I've been listening to knitting podcasts lately. For those of you who may be curious about which podcasts I subscribe to, here are the ones I've got so far:
- Cast On. I haven't caught up on this one yet, but I've listened to the first few episodes and am looking forward to more!
- Knit Picks' Podcast. I started listening to this back in March or so; it was the first knitting podcast (and, in fact, the first podcast) I'd ever listened to. I'm behind by a bunch, but look forward to catching up.
- Knit Spirit. This is a bite-sized podcast, which I love. I'm nearly caught up on this one, and I'm really enjoying it.
- Pointy Sticks. I've only listened to the first couple of episodes, and this one seems to be permanently on hiatus.
- Ready Set Knit. I listened to the first show, but the second show contains a knit-a-long, and until I can sit down to do the knit-a-long, I'll be putting this one on the bottom of the listening queue! (Audio knit-a-longs: AWESOME IDEA.)
- Sticks & String Podcast. This one's a podcast by "an Australian bloke who knits". I've only listened to the first episode so far, but can't wait to hear more!
- Subknit. I've listened to the archives for this one and am all caught up. This is a podcast about knitting and kink, and it's a lot of fun.
- YarnCraft. Definitely looking forward to listening to more of this one — I love the idea of hearing what life is like around Lion Brand, even if I'm not using much of their yarn anymore! >_>
I hear a lot of good things about Lime & Violet, but I haven't yet tracked that one down. Any other knitting podcast suggestions?